(1) I’ve had these bags by Valhalla pinned for ages now. A very Brooklyn bag. (And P.S. Did you know you can buy Etsy gift cards now?)
(2) The Gilmore Girls Complete Series on DVD–because they’re not on Hulu or Netflix, darn it!
(3) Round out her collection with still-relevant, out-of-print issues of Domino Magazine.
(4) A beautiful Turkish Towel.
(5) Classic riding Boots will be a huge hit. It’s a thrill to open the giant box and get that whiff of leather. And these will last forever.
(6) These will come in handy when the weather warms up: A set of waxed canvas Panniers for riding bikes together.
(7) The new Eames coffee table book.
(8) I think the LemLem Split Scarf is gorgeous. But it’s the sort of thing I would never splurge on myself. I’m guessing there are many others out there who would love this just as much as I would.
(9) A gold-dotted dish for keeping her earrings in.
(10) Gorgeous coasters. I don’t actually like to make people use coasters, but for these might require an exception.
(11) A perfectly simple, gold, Michael Kors Women’s watch (that’s big enough to fit on a man’s wrist).
(12) All of the best cafes in New York seemed to use these Classic Italian Cappucino Cups
After years of pining, Aron treated me to a pair of Frye’s Dorado Riding Boots last year. Funny thing was–once they came, I realized that my trusty Madewell Archive Leather Boots were pretty darn awesome and that I didn’t need such an extravagant gift. I think he secretly sighed in relief, while I tried not to look back as I handed the boots over to UPS.
But this year I spotted some Frye lookalikes at Aldo and couldn’t help myself. A few of you asked about the boots I’m wearing on our trip to Apple Hill; those are the Aldo Laverdiere boots in the dark brown–which look suspiciously similar to the Frye Dorados, don’t you think? (But they cost a whole lot less.) I also think the Aldo Fantlants look exactly like the classic Frye Melissa Button Boot.
[Images and shopping links (clockwise from top left) Frye Dorado Riding Boot; Aldo Laverdiere Boot; Frye Melissa Button Boot ; Aldo Fantlant Boot]
P.S. I wish everyone could have won the Radisson giveaway. I know you had to comment, but I loved hearing from so many of you! I’ll be announcing the winner on that post and contacting them by email. Thanks again!